Sunday, December 30, 2007

Top 15 in '07 Part XII - Google Reader

I'd tried doing the whole Feeds/RSS thing a while back and it did nothing but confuse me so I gave up. THEN Jeremiah told me about Google Reader and how easy and awesome it is, so I gave it another go....and lo and behold, I'm HOOKED!.


If you don't really understand feeds like I used to, here's a quick breakdown. Blogs and news sites are updated all the time, so Google Reader allows you to subscribe to these blogs, or feeds, and you can view the content live, kind of like email. So say goodbye to visiting every single one of your bookmarks, because if you can subscribe to it's feed, then they're all in once place. It's freakin great, it's like getting presents all day long.


Be careful tho, because some sites update more often than others and if it's one you're not too stoked on then all those little gifts you're getting might become a little annoying. So I had to say goodbye to ew.com's news feed and engadget's too...it was a little too much.


Google Reader totally fits my needs: a one-stop that has all my favorites: music, entertainment news, friends' blogs (shoutouts to Gene, Kelly, Casey and Becky!) and I even read them on my phone (more on that later)! Thank you thank you Google Reader for making my life just that much better.

1 comment:

gene pensiero said...

--
i'm loving this series, and i had to pitch in my love for google reader. i was very skeptical at first, but now i just love it.

i haven't given up on engadget yet (or lifehacker), though i contemplate it every time i open up my reader and see "you have 76 new posts from engadget."

excellent posts my friend. thanks for the shout out.

About Me

My photo
I watch a lot of TV. I listen to a lot of music. I read a lot of magazines/books. I like to write about them all.