Sunday, December 30, 2007

Top 15 in '07 Part XI - Blockbuster Total Access

At the beginning of the year Brandie and I decided we were going to rejoin Blockbuster's Total Access. It was such a great deal, $7.99 a month for 3 movies shipped to our place, with 3 in-store exchanges and one free movie/game rental a month! Too good to pass up. Plus our local Bbuster is within walking distance. We were stoked.


Until they raised the price to $8.99 and lowered the rentals to 2 a month with no more free movie/game a month. Ok, still a good deal, 4 movies for $9? Sweet.


Fast forward to last week. I get an email from Blockbuster saying that they're raising the price again! With this last price hike and the fact that we realized that since the summer movies just sat on the shelf resulting in us just taking them back without watching them...we had to cancel.


Not to say that Bbuster Total Access doesn't deserve a spot on the top 15. It helped us discover Ugly Betty, numerous films, and I got to try out a few different Wii games. It was fun while it lasted, it was just too good to be true.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I watch a lot of TV. I listen to a lot of music. I read a lot of magazines/books. I like to write about them all.