Saturday, December 29, 2007

Top 15 in '07 Part X - The Brits

These Brits are sprinkled throughout the Top 15, but here's a breakdown of the ones that impacted my year.





Lily Allen - Her album "Alright, Still" was the perfect way to start out my year with its cheeky lyrics and Mark Ronson-produced beats.





Amy Winehouse - Yes she's crazy and all but if you actually listen to her album "Back to Black" you'll discover a great talent. This album blew me away with Mark Ronson producing once again, but this time evoking '60's era girl groups and classic R&B. I know you're tired of "Rehab" so check out the title track and "Love Is A Losing Game" - crazy good.





Mika - You've probably heard his songs on commercials and on various TV shows. His album "Life In Cartoon Motion" is both insanely pop and piano-driven singer/songwriter fare. He's definitely not for everyone, but I had a good time with this album this year.





Leona Lewis - She won the X Factor last year in the UK and her debut album "Spirit" came out there in November. Keep your eyes and ears open for this girl in the coming months, she's impacting the US very soon! She recently was in New York shooting the US video for her AWESOME single "Bleeding Love" (check it out on iTunes). She's one of the most talented vocalists I've heard in a long time. YouTube her and see her insane talent in action. Key tracks: "Bleeding Love", "Homeless", "Take A Bow", "I Will Be" (an Avril B-side cover!)


Also: McFly released a Greatest Hits CD and Live DVD (still need to get...), and Keane did a cover of "Under Pressure" for a Radio1 compilation.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I watch a lot of TV. I listen to a lot of music. I read a lot of magazines/books. I like to write about them all.