Thursday, December 27, 2007

Top 15 in '07 Part IV - Concerts

I didn't see as many concerts this year as I have in years past, HOWEVER, the ones I did see were quite good and fun and they all shared a central theme - the woman.

That sounded weirder than I meant it, nonetheless, it's true. Back in March for our first Wedding Anniversary Brandie and I saw Christina Aguilera at the Honda Civic Center in Anaheim. Xtina's been one of my favorite voices for a while now, and I was stoked to finally see her live. The disappointing part is that she lip synched a couple songs, probably to save her voice cause she went all out on almost every number. We had a great time, and Bran got to hear her favorite, "Fighter", as the finale.



Then in May, we saw Brooke Fraser at Hotel Cafe in LA. It was a very intimate show and so very awesome cause Brooke's from New Zealand and NEVER comes to the States except to sing with Hillsong. I posted on this trip earlier in the year so check that out (plus more on Brooke in the coming posts...)

In August I had the random opportunity to see Beyonce when she was in Fresno. I also posted on this concert experience, but I will say again, that she put on a really really good show. Vocally she was just crazy. I know a lot of people hate her, but I was impressed.

Then.....

The opportunity of a lifetime....

December 7, Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA: The Spice Girls Reunion Tour

Yes I said it and I will gladly admit that Brandie, myself and our good friend Noelle saw the Spice Girls. I was a fan when they were huge, who wasn't? But Brandie and Noelle share a special bond with the Spice Girls. They watched their awful movie countless times together in Jr. High...need I say more?

The girls actually sang live the whole time (with backing tracks of course), and each girl had their solo time (which for Victoria Beckham consisted of putting on a cape and walking down the catwalk, haha). Of course we had a blast, and it was a great way to cap off our concert year.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I watch a lot of TV. I listen to a lot of music. I read a lot of magazines/books. I like to write about them all.