Monday, October 11, 2004

Spirit take me up in arms again

I am so tired right now. I've had a really long day. Classes 9-12, work 12:30-4:30, night class 5:15-8:15, time with Brandie/homework 8:30-10, module meeting 10-10:45, and now here i am once more.

my night class was cool though. i can't believe I actually like a class. i don't feel like my time is being wasted when i'm in there. today we were talking about whether in literary texts if the author is lost when someone reads for themselves. everyone brings their own experiences and interpretations to the text, so are texts really ever the same? the class created a poem out of eight random phrases that people wrote down, and we analyzed it and talked about whether it was a poem or not. i think it is, and it's a good one:

Kill Two Birds W/One Stone

I see dead people
cause there's beauty in the breakdown
It's freezing cold in here
The author needed it to happen
Catch me if you can
This is the culmination of my being
Slower than frozen molasses


so i am so looking forward to mid-term break. me and Brandie are going to san fransisco to shop for her birthday and go see Marc Broussard! he is this awesome artist, everyone should check him out. i'm just looking forward to spending some time with Brandie and not having to worry about school for a few days. but inevitably school will begin once more and the cycle will continue. i can't wait to graduate.

it's in times like these that i really look for the little beauties that life has to offer. i really try to be open to what God is showing me. even if it's just listening to a song or getting a voicemail from my girlfriend.

thank God for music and people

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I watch a lot of TV. I listen to a lot of music. I read a lot of magazines/books. I like to write about them all.