Thursday, October 14, 2004

papered/worked/schooled out

i just finished a paper for my intro to linguistics class. which is a stupid class. that's all i want to say about it, cause i want this place to be a place of peace.

so techincally, it's thursday now, but it's still wednesday in my mind cause i'm still awake. i'm gonna not go to some classes tomorrow so i can sleep in. i have my priorities.

i was kinda upset tonight cause i came home from work and the vcr was not recording Smallville which had been on for a full 13 minutes! one of my roommates was supposed to set the vcr to record it, but i guess he forgot. oh well, me and Brandie still got to watch 45 minutes of it, and Brian's girlfriend Heather recorded it all, so we can catch up on it later.

today one of my teachers just poured genuis onto the entire class. she was trying to get us to discuss that book "Ceremony" which i was talking about earlier. nobody was really biting, so for the last 10 minutes or so, she went off about how the world is fragile, and that we all have these webs that are our lives. they are strong in and of themselves as webs, but they can also break easily. she kept asking, "how does that work?" and she'd never give the answer. i can't remember much else, but i was totally there with her with each word she spoke. it was trance-like. cool stuff like this is never supposed to happen in a class, but it does, and the sad thing is, i don't think everyone was in on it. when she was done and dismissed us, me and my friend Emily just sat there for a few seconds, soaking in and processing what had just happened. other peopel got up quickly, started talking about lunch and crap. maybe none of that matters though. for a few moments i was in this beautiful headspace that was both depressing and glorious.

i felt like crying because i was so sad and so happy.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I watch a lot of TV. I listen to a lot of music. I read a lot of magazines/books. I like to write about them all.