Tuesday, October 12, 2004

OGG files mean nothing to me!

it's a late night once again. this is the only part of the day that i can actually relax a little. everything's done. now all i have to look forward to is sleep, and that doesn't seem to last very long.

i'm kind of obsessed with old school Amy Grant right now. such good stuff. i'm being completely honest. i grew up on only Christian music, it was only in junior high when i discovered "secular" music. all the stuff i love now. i don't know, it seems like Christian music in the 80's was SO much more creative! you had Amy, Michael W. Smith....so much more musicality than there is now. back then they seemed to be creating art, not trying to copy things that are part of the popular culture just so there is a "christian alternative". that's a copout. i take original, forward-thinking good music opposed to that any day.

i'm reading this book right now called "Ceremony" by Leslie Marmon Silko for my multicultural lit. class. I'm just now getting as far into it as i need to for class, but the book is really beautiful. it's about the return of an Indian from world war II and all the crap he is going through. it's written in this really free form style. goes back before the war, to "current" time, there's poetry weaved throughout. it is really a thought-provoking story, i like it a lot.

as i continue to search for hidden amy grant treasures on Kazaa, i say goodnight

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I watch a lot of TV. I listen to a lot of music. I read a lot of magazines/books. I like to write about them all.