Monday, December 08, 2008

Christmas

It's kinda sad, but Christmas will never be like it was as a kid. All the anticipation, the time off of school, time with friends and family, cookies, gifts, decorations....and the MUSIC!

Nothing brings back Christmas memories like the carols and classic Christmas songs. What other holiday or season can boast such emotion and memories-inducing moments like Christmas music?



I was listening to possibly my most favorite Christmas album on the way home from work today, Amy Grant's "Home for Christmas". I was 9 when this came out, just old enough to remember but still young and innocent. Listening to this today brought back foggy trips to Fresno from Sanger. Decorating the tree and sugar cookies. SO many goofy memories of me, my brother and cousins. Amy just does it! I hope I have some readers who will agree with me on this one..."Breath of Heaven (Mary's Song)", "Grown Up Christmas List" are modern day classics to me now.

Check out the video....and Merry Christmas. End of year music roundup coming before the start of 2009.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems like it was only yesterday that you and Sean were 9 and 7. Those memories become sweeter with each passing year. People told me then how quickly time would pass, but I didn't really believe it then. Listening to "Grown-up Christmas List" brought tears to my eyes. I'm so thankful that we do have those great Christmas memories, they are precious!! I hope you and Sean have the opportunity some day to make some great memories for your own kids...there's nothing better!! Love you, Mom.

About Me

My photo
I watch a lot of TV. I listen to a lot of music. I read a lot of magazines/books. I like to write about them all.