Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Office/Grey's Anatomy

Never has TV come together on a more perfect night. Since it is Thursday, I thought I'd write about 2 of my other favorite shows on TV (no, my two absolute favorite shows): The Office and Grey's Anatomy!



This show is hands down THE funniest show on network television currently. Finally a show that caters to people who hate Friends and Two and Half Men. This show is brilliant because it's shot documentary style, no audience, no laugh track, the writing's amazing, the cast is amazing (great chemistry), and it's not only funny, it's touching as well. I can't even begin to think of who my favorite character is. Of course Jim and Pam are meant for each other, forget Karen. Michael's just crazy, as is Dwight. But I'm more drawn to bit characters like Phyllis, Stanley, Kevin, Creed and Toby - their one-liners and facial expressions make me laugh so hard. Like the other week when Michael was throwing Bob Vance's bachelor party and there was a shot of Stanley breaking his plastic fork on his "man meat" and then a quick shot of Creed taking a huge bite of his steak holding it with his hands! Freaking amazing. Currently in it's third Season, this show is bound to be one of TV's greatest. By the end of this season, I'm hoping Jim and Pam unite finally (but we all know good tv drama wont' keep them truly together forever) and I'm waiting for the moment that Jan finds out that Michael leaked the picture of them in Sandals Jamaica.




In my opinion this show perfectly combines drama and humor; throw in a ton of relationship issues, plus medical oddities and you get one heckuva show. Two years ago when this show started, Brandie and I would catch an episode or two after Desperate Housewives, we'd watch about the first 15 mins or so, then I'd go home. It was after the show was just starting it's 2nd full season that my brother told me how good it is and that we should watch. So we borrowed season 1 (only 9 episodes), then caught up to season 2. Now I don't know if it's a good thing or not, but this show can make someone cry every single week. Medical dramas have been done to death, but there's something in the way this show is handled that makes it a cut above the rest. I think it's successful because in the beginning the viewers are right there with the interns, we're seeing things through their eyes, and we want them to succeed. Even with characters who we're supposed to dislike at first begin to come around as their stories unfold and their lives get tangled up with the others' at Seattle Grace (Addison, Callie, even Mark). I like this show because although it doesn't dwell on the medical patients and their sicknesses, each one of them matters, and has an impact on the characters that viewers don't even realize until later on. Also, the music is great; lots of indie music that just enhances the experience so much. The best way to sum up this is just: It's so good!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I watch a lot of TV. I listen to a lot of music. I read a lot of magazines/books. I like to write about them all.