Thursday, January 18, 2007

Poor Stacie



So on Sunday I'm looking at the ads, and I see one for Stacie Orrico's new one "Beautiful Awakening" and I think, "ok, I downloaded this when it leaked a long time ago, but maybe i'll give it another try."


Here's the deal: this album was supposed to come out back in August, but her label pushed it back to Jan; it did release overseas however (where she actually has a fanbase). Then I found the album leaked online, and I was very disappointed. So my hopes were that her label thought the same thing as I did, and they send her back to the studio to patch up the tracks. When I saw the ad I thought maybe the album would be better now.


Fast forward to Tuesday, I stop by Best Buy and pick the album up (Christmas giftcard, oh yeah). To my disappointement, the album's still not that good, but I'm gonna let it grow on me, not force it, but just hear it out. So that same night I go check out her website and such to see what's going on, and to my surprise, it says that the release of "Beautiful Awakening" has been postponed to a later date. Um, what? The same album I just bought? So I head over to another site, and I guess Virgin (her label) just got bought out, so they're reevaluating recent releases.


Question: why would a label go through all the work of
a)Pushing the release date back the first time
b)Remastering the entire album
c)Totally redoing artwork
d)Reshooting videos
e)Changing singles
and most confusing f)Shipping hundreds of thousands of records to stores only to have them take them right off the shelves.
Confusion ensues. In the end, the album's mediocre, and news is still pending on what exactly is going on.

1 comment:

gene pensiero said...

--
i love jasonmunoz.blogspot.com....and i just discovered it 4 minutes ago...

brill. absolutely brill.

time to put a new link on the ole' orphan leper sinner blog.

ROCK!

About Me

My photo
I watch a lot of TV. I listen to a lot of music. I read a lot of magazines/books. I like to write about them all.