Monday, March 17, 2008

I still don't like Oprah...



....however, thanks to a performance on her show today, Leona Lewis' song "Bleeding Love" is #1 on the US iTunes chart!

I've been a big fan of Leona for almost 2 years now ever since she won the X-Factor in the UK back in '06.

I've been waiting for the day when she would hit it big in the States and it looks like her time has come.

Clive Davis and her label are doing a genius job of launching her in the US, slowly building a name for her at Davis' pre-Grammy party (where she performed), today's Oprah appearance, and of course she's gonna show up on American Idol very soon (thanks to Simon who was a judge on X-Factor when she won).

Her album "Spirit" comes out in the US April 8th with a slightly tweaked tracklisting (the US staple, an Akon collab just HAD to be included for anyone here to take notice, bleh), so be sure to check it out!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I watch a lot of TV. I listen to a lot of music. I read a lot of magazines/books. I like to write about them all.