Sunday, March 23, 2008

A complete weekend wrap-up

Woo! What a crazy week this has been, so much going on, so many places to be, shows to see. Here's what went down this weekend.

Thursday - Drove down to L.A. to see Wicked. Had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory at The Grove. Saw Jason Castro from American Idol (dreads, bad singing). Pretty sure I also saw Jennifer Beals (Flashdance) driving in her van down Hollywood Blvd.

Wicked was really good as I've said before. Elphaba, played by Caissie Levy just blew Bran and me away, check her out below, really great.



I'd already read the book that the play's based on, and after seeing it I want to read it again (which I'm doing). Also bought the sequel at Target yesterday. The girl who played Galinda (with a Gaa) was hilarious, Bran and I would keep looking at each other lol-ing. Check her doing her thing on youtube, i'm too lazy to post an embedded vid. I'm pretty sure Wicked will be in L.A. for some time, so that gives everyone a chance to go check it out....just make sure to let Bran and me know when you're going so we can come too.

Friday - Shopping at the Beverly Center in Beverly Hills, specifically H & M. Bran bought two cardigans and some capri pants and I loaded up on work shirts, socks and underwear. Then we headed back home to a TON of laundry that we were neglecting before we left; did some later evening grocery shopping, then called it a day.

Saturday - Slept in! BIG Target run for household essentials. Then caught up on Lost (Michael's back, shocker) and some other DVR'd goodness before we had to prep our salad to take to my family's Easter celebration in Clovis.

On our way there we stopped by our lot at Harlan Ranch and took a picture of THIS!



Our FOUNDATION!! We're very excited about our slab of concrete. Even more exciting is the huge pile of lumber ready to go for framing - hopefully this week!

Easter with the fam was fun; good food, good times. Sean and Allie invited us over afterwards and we watched "The Secret Garden".

Easter Sunday - Brings us to today. Church this morning, then Mimi's (twice in one week!), then home, walking, visited Mary (Brans Mom) and now typing a new blog post.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I watch a lot of TV. I listen to a lot of music. I read a lot of magazines/books. I like to write about them all.