Thursday, March 15, 2007

Lost - "Par Avion"







So I'll start things off by saying that I haven't been posting as much lately mainly because none of my favorite shows have been on. Except Lost. However, the show has been mostly underwhelming the last couple episodes so I haven't been running to my computer to post recaps because honestly it hasn't been that good. It's still a great show, but ever since Jack and Juliet went off on that boat, it's been random backstories and no plot progression. I'm sure when season 3 comes out on dvd I will appreciate these filler episodes more, but right now I want story! But doesn't everyone. So on to last nights episode.


So something was revealed last night that me an I'm sure millions of other Lost fans had already figured out: Jack and Claire are half-siblings! Maybe I should have left the exclamation point out of that last sentence because this was not as much a shocking revelation as it was the show just telling us what we kinda already knew. For a split second, I thought that maybe Claire and Kate were siblings, because Claire's comatose mom really looked like Kate's mom for a second; but then I thought about it more and logistically it makes no sense. But I was just hoping that maybe the writer would pull a fast one on us and make Claire have a connection with someone else besides Jack. It was nice to get a little bit more background on Claire though (who new she was such a cute goth?), she definitely had a lot on her mind when the plane crashed besides being pregnant. Now my big question (another one) is whether Jack and Claire will ever find out that they're related. In the end it's pretty much up to the Others to tell them, because they're the only ones that would know - time will only tell (a long time probably...maybe season 5?).


On to other events. John had slip-up #2 when he pushed the patch-eye guy into the sonic-electric-shock fence. Now I wasn't that mad at him for blowing up the station last week, but this time I was kinda pissed. The patch eye guy was a great asset to them in getting info and possibly helping them get Jack back. I can see though why Locke pushed him, because his paralyzed past was about to be out in the open and in the end he probably wouldn't be enough to get Jack back, but still, he would've been good to keep around, at least for bait.


Last night Claire found out that Desmond can tell the future and has been protecting Charlie from his death. This brought them closer together again, blah blah.


So the biggest shocker of last night was (of course) at the very end. After Kate and the search committee made it over the shock-fence, they came up to the barracks. Cut to Jack making a mad dash to safety....or he's just playing catch with Tom. What?! Like I always say on my Lost recaps, time will only tell what's going on. My theory is that Jack and Juliet were taken here a few episodes ago and in the time they've been there, the Others have been treating Jack very nicely, but Jack is only playing along. I don't think for one second that Jack will ever be brainwashed to being on their side. But I could be wrong.

Next week we FINALLY find out what put John into his wheelchair, and it looks like the search committee and the others finally get to meet up.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I watch a lot of TV. I listen to a lot of music. I read a lot of magazines/books. I like to write about them all.